"Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid"
Google

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ok...It's Getting A Bit Out of Hand

I enjoy watching most sports. When it comes to football, you will usually see me watching Pro football and maybe occasionally catching a college game. I'll usually watch a college game when the Bowl games come on. This year is the first year that I really noticed these bowl games getting out of control. I know this trend may have started awhile ago but I think its getting ridiculous. What trend you ask? The trend of the college Bowl games starting to look like NASCAR.

There are around 30 bowl games that are played, some more "important" than others. Almost everybody has heard of "The Rose Bowl" and "The Orange Bowl". But now you will see these games be announced as "The Rose Bowl Presented by Citi" and "The Fedex Orange Bowl". It can't be just the Orange Bowl it has to be the Fedex Orange Bowl because they spent millions of dollars to sponser it. I thought it was bad enough when companies were paying hundreds of millions of dollars to put their name on sports stadiums (I will always call it Comisky Park, not U.S. Cellular Field). I feel bad for the teams that played in the "Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl" or the prestigues "San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl". I fear that soon the uniforms that players wear will be full of advertisments for Tide Bleach and Old Spice while a team like the New York Giants become the Phillip Morris New York Giants. I find it all to re-goddamn-diculous.


Ok I'm done ranting about this. I'm going to go watch either the "Master Card Alamo Bowl" or the "Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home