"Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid"
Google

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Don't Lie to Me

This final's week has proably been my easiest in terms of tests that I've ever had. Yesterday I went to the Student Union to study all night for a Corporate Finance test. While studying I notice a pattern. A girl would be sitting by herself studying what appeared to be diligently. Then a classmate or friend would sit down and open their book. Then the two women would proceed to never look at the books again. Talking about such things ( Yes I happened to do a bit of listening in) as how bad they have it this finals week, boyfriends, gossip, drinking, etc... This would literally happen for hours while I was studying. I realized that they had not even flipped a page in their books. I bet these same people are the ones that will go back to their place of residence and bitch about how much studying they did and how tough the final was. What these people were doing was not studying, they were kidding themselves. I had barley read or understood my four chapters of fiance and I taught it to myself and a friend during the 7+ of actual studying (with about an hour of talking and breaks and such). I then proceeded to do fine on the final ( I think). I witnessed atleast 3 pairs of girls doing this afore mentioned "studying". Next time sombody tells me they spent all night studying, I will have to call into question their definition of studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home